June 3, 2020.
Written by Sharoon Emmanuel
Advertisements can be divided into three segments namely Above the Line (ATL), Below the Line (BTL), & Through the Line (TTL), each one of them differing based on the mode of distribution. Michael J Baker, author of The Marketing Book differentiates atl btl & ttl based hypothetical boundaries based on the fact how advertising agencies have various pricing models for each of service being offered.
ATL (Above The Line)
Above the Line advertising comprises of advertising activities that aren’t targeted to micro extent and have a wide reach. This form of communication aims to build the brand and inform masses about the product with least focus on conversions.
Related: - Atl Btl advertising Dubai
· TV advertisement.
· Newspaper/magazine advertisement.
· Roadside advertisement, poster or bill sticker.
· Radio advertisement.
· Major sports team, venue or event sponsorship.
· Cinema advertisement.
· Social media (general profiles or pages, not advertising).
Measuring ATL Campaigns
· Frequency: - Number of times the target audience sees the advertisement.
· Reach: - Total people that see the advertisement.
· Impressions: - Number of times the advertisement was displayed across various mediums.
BTL (Below the Line)
Below-the-line advertising comprises of specific, memorable and direct advertising activities focused largely on targeted groups of consumers. BTL strategies are focused more on conversions rather than brand building.
· Intelligence-based telemarketing.
· Tradeshow or exhibition.
· Targeted leaflet drop.
· Local sports team, venue or event sponsorship.
· Direct mail marketing.
· Experiential activities, in-person demonstrations or sampling.
Measuring BTL Campaign
· Conversion rates, followers, likes & visits from offline and online entities.
· Open rates, CTR, CPC & CPA from digital advertisements.
· Engagement rates.
TTL (Through the Line)
Through the Line advertising uses a combination of both ATL & BTL marketing strategies to ensure better results. Also referring to 360-degree advertising, TTL campaigns are developed to build brand and increase conversions.
· Marketing automation/lead generation.
· Social media marketing.
· PPC (pay-per-click) advertising.
· SEM (search engine marketing) / paid search.
· Content marketing.
· Coupons/deals/incentives to past customers.
· POS (point of sale) promotion.
· PR (public relations).
Measuring TTL Campaigns
Since TTL is a mixture of all channels, measurement of these campaigns takes into consideration all the metrics.
Get Maximum Visibility with Top Placements with Dubai’s Best Media Buying Agency
Bester Capital Media leverages artificial intelligence and powerful data insights of your target audience to create impactful media buying campaigns for offline advertising. Our expertise and vast experience helps you increase brand awareness and sales, giving you an edge against your competitors. Utilizing various mediums including TVC, Radio, billboards and more, our media buying agency manages every aspect of your digital, print, video and audio ads. from ideation to planning, budgeting to execution and monitoring to evaluation, we help you save time, money and resources, to enable you to focus on core business operations. To schedule a free consultation session, connect with us today!
Originally Published January 2, 2020 05:30 PM, Updated January 3, 2020.